The History of the Ingham and Eaton County Sheriff’s Office Motorcycle Unit
UNDER THE COMMAND OF THE SHERIFF…….SERVING THE RESIDENTS OF INGHAM AND EATON COUNTY
The Ingham County Sheriff’s Office under Sheriff Wriggelsworth and Eaton County Sheriff’s Office under Sheriff Mike Raines Motor Unit consists of volunteer members from the local community dedicated to serving the residents of Ingham and Eaton county. As volunteers, we are not paid by the county and personally underwrite almost all expenses for the training and the equipment used for service to the Sheriff’s office.
The Ingham and Eaton County Motor Unit responsibilies include:
- Motorcade escort service at Michigan State University home football games for visiting teams.
- Security details at Michigan State University football games.
- Ingham County Fair security.
- Funeral motorcade escorts.
- Lansing area visiting dignitary motorcade escorts.
- Assist in Sheriff’s office Search and rescue efforts.
- Local area parade escort.
- Traffic control for local events.
- Private event security.
- Assist Sheriff’s office and other agencies as needed.
We are dedicated motorcycle riders who believe in a personal responsibility to participate in community service. We find our involvement with each of the sheriff’s departments interesting, fun and rewarding
Does the Motor Unit sound interesting to you?
We are looking for a few good men and women to serve on our unit.
For more information and to find out if you meet the qualifications to join please contact:
Ingham and Eaton County Motor Unit
Coordinator Randy Carpenter
Eaton County Sheriff’s Office, VIPS
Lieutenant Eric Trojanowicz
Ingham County Sheriff’s Office
Volunteer Services Coordinator
Information and Photos provided by the
Ingham County Sheriff’s Office and Eaton County Sheriff’s Office. Special Thank you to Sheriff Gene Wrigglesworth of Ingham County, Sheriff Mike Raines of Eaton County, and the Staff of the Motor Unit for their time and assistance.