The mission of the Reynoldsburg Division of Police Motor Unit is to promote the safe and efficient movement of vehicles and pedestrians using Reynoldsburg City streets.
Among the primary goals of the Motor Unit is to remain professional and helpful during all contacts with the public. Also the Unit strives to support officers assigned to the Patrol Bureau by accepting responsibilities that will permit the Patrol Officer to focus on tasks outside of general traffic patrol.
The functions and responsibility of the Motor
- Maintain a visible presence in the community to facilitate voluntary compliance of traffic laws
- Address and resolve traffic related problems, complaints and traffic hazards
- Aggressively enforce traffic laws
- Engage in public relation activities to foster a positive relationship between RPD and community
- Plan for and manage special events that impact the normal flow of traffic within the city
- Address parking problems and complaints on city streets
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with other Motor Units, Departments and City of Reynoldsburg employees
The Reynoldsburg Division of Police Motor Unit was established in 2012 however RPD officers have operated motorcycles as an ancillary patrol duty since 1999. Prior to the establishment of the Motor Unit, specially trained officers were used for general patrol duties and special functions.
In 2012 a dedicated Full Time Motor Unit was formed under the direction of Sgt. Mark Moser. The Unit consists of 1 full time Motor Officer, 3 part time Motor Officers and a Motor Unit Sergeant. The Unit currently has 2 Harley Davidson Motorcycles, a 2013 Police Electra Glide and a 2003 Police Dyna Defender.
Motor Unit e-mail:
Motor Unit Phone:
Motor Officer James Triplett #104:
Sgt. Mark Moser #69: