The Patch History
The patch is a replica of our city seal with the bottom curvature identifying it as the police department patch.
The gold outer portion of the patch characterizes our economic past and potential for future growth. The oak leaves which encircle the outer edge of the seal represent the vast forest and lumber industries so vital to economic development in the state. The blue below the green grass represents the plentiful water so natural to our city by virtue of lakes, springs and the navigable Arkansas River. The blue sky and the greenery represent the natural beauty of our city. The white star designates the Capital rising above “The Little Rock”. This protruding cliff, discovered in 1722 by French explorer Bernard de LaHarpe, gave Little Rock its name.