The Ingham County Sheriff's Office under Sheriff Gene Wrigglesworth and Eaton County Sheriff's Office under Sheriff Mike Raines Motor Unit consists of volunteer members from the local community dedicated to serving the residents of Ingham and Eaton County. As volunteers, we are not paid by the county and personally underwrite almost all expenses for the training and equipment used for service to the Sheriff's Office.
The Ingham and Eaton County Motor Unit responsibilities include:
- Motorcade escort service at Michigan State University home football games for visiting teams.
- Security details at Michigan State University football games.
- Ingham County Fair security.
- Funeral motorcade escorts.
- Lansing area visiting dignitary motorcade escort.
- Assist in Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue efforts.
- Traffic control for local events.
- Assist Sheriff's Office and other agencies as needed.
We are dedicated motorcycle riders who believe in personal responsibility to participate in community service. we find our involvement with each of the sheriff's departments interesting, fun and rewarding.
Does the Motor Unit sound interesting to you? We are look for a few good men and women to serve on our unit. For more information and to find out if you meet the qualifications to join please contact:
Ingham and Eaton County Motor Unit
Coordinator Randy Carpenter
Eaton County Sheriff's Office, VIPS
Lieutenant Eric Trojanowicz
Ingham County Sheriff's Office
Volunteer Services Coordinator
Motor Unit with "Ponch" Eric Estrada from "Chips"