The History of the Fort Myers Police Department Motor Unit
The Fort Myers Police Department established its Motorcycle Unit with the purchase of its first police motorcycle in December of 1914 for $75. In October of 1928 the Department had three motorcycles. Then in 2018, the Department currently has two motorcycles.
Traffic Officer Jim Irion prepares to go out on patrol.
Traffic Officer Jim Irion riding west from the intersection of Edison Ave. and Cleveland Ave., the photograph was taken on July 15th 1980.
Motorcycle Officer Wayne DeAntoni and Bob Nolan with Patrol Officer Bob Shankland.
Two Motorcycle Officers Joe Zublick and Dan Jerz standing near the Department’s first mobile Command Post
Officer Mike Payne
Officer Tim Roguska Ealy 1990's
Members of the 2004 Traffic Unit. (Left to right) Officers Shawn Yates, Scott Newbury, Michael Payne, Johnny Seay and Mark Savoy.
Officer Steve Gruber 2014
Motor Officer Gus Goncalves